Re: Accessibility issues in CSS3 Colour

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 06:57:49 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> _Building Accessible Websites_ <http://joeclark.org/book/>). I am not
> convinced it is a good idea to make Web sites or Web applications
> look like native-operating-system applications. I just don't see the
> need, and I am reminded of designers who make banner ads or even

You may not think there is a need but marketing people put this very
high on their *want* list when generating thin client, web browser, based
implementations of products that previously existed as native
applications (although not specifically for colours).

CSS is largely about pandering to wants, rather than what is strictly
needed for efficient communication.