Re: free/not free proprietary

From: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 00:23:13 +0400
To: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
On Friday 03 May 2002 09:35, jonathan chetwynd wrote:
|  regarding upgrading browsers.
|
|  my hp320lx (pda) is not upgradeable. I cannot imagine it is alone in
|  this respect.
|
|  surely many embedded browsers will never be upgradeable.
|
|  and even were it to be possible in the future, it is quite likely
|  uneconomic.

Hi Jonathan!

You can install Qtopia (http://qtopia.sourceforge.net) on top of Qt-Embedded,
which is available for free. Qtopia is Palmtop Environment, designed by
TrollTech especially for PDA's.
Konqueror/Embedded also runs in this environment, and it's also free.
It's under instant development, you can upgrade it,say, once per year.
So, there are some upgradable "embedded browsers" out there  :-)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)