Fw: MVU OID Standards - Accessibility Standards Added (fwd)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jennison Asuncion" <asuncion@alcor.concordia.ca>
To: <Undisclosed recipients:>
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 6:18 PM
Subject: MVU OID Standards - Accessibility Standards Added (fwd)

fyi...Jennison

From: Noel Estabrook <noel@MVUMAIL.MIVU.ORG>
Subject: MVU OID Standards - Accessibility Standards Added

Approximately 5 weeks ago, MVU released our Online Instructional Design
standards and tool
for online courses as a contribution to the community in the spirit of
"open source".
Since then, we have received over 300,000 hits to our web site and have
had over 500 people
from 30 different countries subscribe to our site.  As a result of this,
we have received a
significant amount of very valuable feedback from many of you. One of
the biggest requests
we got was that we consider developing Accessibility standards. We are
pleased to announce
that we have just completed this process. We have based these 11 new
standards on
WAI Priority 1 guidelines.  We considered using Section 508 Standards,
however, we felt that,
since those standards apply very narrowly to Courses produced within the
US using Federal
Funds, that it would be better to use a more internationally recognized
set.  We also
received valuable input and resources from the people at WebAIM and the
World Wide Web
Consortium. The Course Evaluator is being upgraded as well and should
reflect these new
standards soon.   You can visit http://standards.mivu.org for more
information.

---
Noel Estabrook
Senior Instructional Designer
Michigan Virtual University
3101 Technology Parkway, Suite G
Lansing, MI 49810

Desk Phone - 517.324.5352
Cell Phone - 517.749.9199
Email - noel@mivu.org

The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the
individual to whom or entity to which it is addressed.  It may contain
privileged, confidential or trade secret information which is protected
by law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or
an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
addressee, the reader is hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of the information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately
notify me by telephone or return electronic mail.  Thank you.