From: David R. Stong [mailto:drs18@psu.edu]
Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 9:05 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: JAWS access to Web forms

A friend is unsuccessfully trying to access a form for ordering films
to show the high school class he teaches.  He is currently using JAWS
4.02 and was given the url-
http://www.medianet.libraries.psu.edu/htbin/wwform/175/wwk770 to
search for his films.

Currently, my test version of JAWS is on a machine without an
internet connection, so I can't replicate his experience. I apologize
for this note, but could use some direction. By looking at the code,
I can tell that the twelve drop down menus are unlabeled form
elements and the "Help" page is held together by tables and lists. As
a short term solution, is there a keyboard combination that will
allow him to access the drop down menus?

Any help would be appreciated.
--
David R. Stong, Graphic Designer
225 Computer Building, University Park PA