Web Services Architecture Requirements open for comment

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 07:44:10 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

There is now a stalking horse of architectural requirements for an architecture of web services.

Web Services are the latest great white hope to make good on the promise of "the Network IS the Computer."  And they just might do that.

This will not entirely remove the chauvinism of web 'sites.'  But since it is unbundling their computing, we should work to get lateral mobility to apply alternate transforms in rear tiers to be part and parcel of the architecture from the ground up.

Or whatever else we need.

I would like a volunteer who would be willing to do some inclusive summarization after discussions in the WAI of how the scenarios and critical success factors of disability access show up in the world framed by this document.

Al

Draft at

 Web Services Architecture Requirements
 http://www.w3.org/TR/wsa-reqs