RE: CSS Layouts for Netscape 4

From: Denise Wood <Denise.Wood@unisa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 01:58:56 +0930
To: "'pjenkins@us.ibm.com'" <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> http://www.saila.com/usage/layouts/nn4-layouts.shtml

When I test the site with IE 5.5 using VIEW - TEXT SIZE - LARGEST, the
saila.com site doesn't work well at all.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins
IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
11501 Burnet Rd,  Austin TX  78758    http://www.ibm.com/able

That is true Phill

However many (though not all) of the designs work extremely well in MS IE 5.5
and NN4 for example:

Ben Meadowcroft's:
http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/webdev/template_1_3/template.html

Mark Newhouse's: http://homepage.mac.com/iblog/nn4_3col_header.html

I really like Al Sparber's suite of sytle sheets:
http://www.projectseven.com/whims/cssp_3box/index.htm

So you do need to scrutinize the links from the site and find a design that
works well in the browsers you intend to support. That is what I have chosen to
do and thanks to Joe's helpful suggestions and links to these resources have
found a style sheet that I have modified and works well in all of the
situations I require. As with any collection of resources there will be some
good examples and others that are less so. However knowing where to find the
links to these resources is a good start!

Denise