RE: CSS positioning aint good enough?

Is there any reason why you need to lay out in a column style? Why not put
the label above the input field eg

<input etc........>

I have tried to look at Randal's link but our lovely corporate firewall
obviously thinks it'll threaten the existance of the world if I visit the
site - can anyone point me to another similar example?

re Nick's view that forms are tabular data. I'd be interested in his (or
anyone else's) argument for this. IMHO forms are not tabular data; never
have been and never will be. How many tabular forms have a header row? What
would the headings be? Since when has a text area or a checkbox or a radio
button been a piece of data?

My solution if a columnar layout is required would be to assign classes to
the labels and inputs and float the labels left and apply a margin to the
inputs. Any reason why this won't work?

Julian

The information in this email is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in your email software as soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.  If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended please tell us as soon as possible.