Re: media:Fw: Flash News Flash: It's Accessible

Hello all:

Is MSAA support the critical difference?  I've excerpted the jaws401 BuiltIn.jsd file below.  It seems from this that there is built in generic access to MSAA.  Does it just need to be fine tuned so to speak for Flash, (i.e. some jaws script(s) perhaps?)

Steve

<BuiltIn.jsd_excerpt>
:Function GetFocusObject
:Description Uses MSAA to get the object with focus
:Param1 int/IDChild ID of child.
:Returns object The interface to the Accessible object.

:Function GetObjectAtPoint
:Description Uses MSAA to determine the object at a set of X/Y coordinates
:Param1 int ref data.
:Param2 int The x coordinate.
:Param3 int The y coordinate.
:Returns object The accessible object at the given point.

:Function GetCurrentObject
:Description Uses MSAA to obtain the object with focus at the active cursor position
:Param1 int/IDChild ID of child.
:Returns object The accessible object at the current cursor location.

</BuiltIn.jsd_excerpt>

>>> David Poehlman <poehlman1@comcast.net> 04/23/02 03:28PM >>>
the only screen reader which currently works with the new flash is
window eyes. I agree ten fold with what is below.