RE: A new one: label vs. Scope

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:32:34 -0400 (EDT)
To: Mike Scott <mscott2@msfw.com>
cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Agreed about what needs to happen, and pleased to hear that the software is
getting there.

One of the problems is that this is a developing field, and ufortunately
software producers can't just make things instantly happen "becuase they
should"...

And yes, it seems that it is OK to nest fieldsets.

I think that in fact what is more promising is Xforms, which seperates
significantly the choices being made from the way they are presented - you
can have one form defined for collecting informaton and choose afterwards on
a case by case basis whether it is easier as a dropdown menu, a set of radio
buttons, or text entry. Of course this too needs to be implemented in the
software...

cheers

Chaals