RE: Personalisation - your thoughts please

Hello All,

I am pleased to see that we are not alone thinking that personalisation
can be a real achievement for users with disabilities.
Here is our way of thinking, but please note that for the moment, we are
visually impaired (including blind people) focused...

We have developped a "personalisation" tool, able to adapt web sites (we
have some technical problems of course, we are fixing it and we are
still in developpement) to the user visual needs. It runs as follow :

- User is on a Y web site and see our logo : "blabla to read better...",
he clicks...
- He chooses his preferences, login and password
- He goes back to the Web Site, with his preferences...

The advantages are that with their login/password, users can go through
web sites (proposing our service) keeping  their preferences. Secondly,
we bring a usability touch in the "transformation" service : content do
not change a word but we try to "stabilize" navigations and so on...
(very difficult to explain it in english for me, i am really sorry).
This transformation is usefull for the visually impaired and the blind
(we propose specifical navigations, special accesskeys and so on) but
for every people used to be tired with his eyes...   (???)

I know that my english is not good, so just have a look at the following
Java demonstration :
http://www.visualfriendly.com/en/gr/php/animation/anim.swf

As we are really implicated with this personalisation paradigm, we try
to participate to W3C WAI GL and you can read a long description of our
policy at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2002AprJun/0003.html .

I will be very pleased to exchange point of views about web sites
personalisation with people interested in these issues.

Jerome ERNU.