RE: Accessibility Proxy seeks interested ISPs

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:34:48 +0100 (BST)
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
cc: "SHARPE, Ian" <Ian.SHARPE@cambridge.sema.slb.com>, "WAI (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Hmm. I think the approach can work in fixing stuff that people need but can't
> use. Another model for the same thing is to use it on the content provider
> side - some company has a big website that they need to have accessible, but
> there are lots of pieces on it that need fixing.

I agree entirely.  Indeed, I hope (if I can interest a publisher) to
publish a book on mod_xml, and that is one of a half-dozen illustrative
applications included in my proposal.

>	 Insterad of buying a new
> content management system because the old one can't be made accessible (this
> is really the case for some systems I have met) they can use this stuff as a
> proxy through which they serve everything, with the repairs incorporated.

Doesn't have to be a proxy, if they can transform it on the originating
servers!

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.