From: Simon White [mailto:simon.white@jkd.co.uk]
Sent: 19 April 2002 13:05
To: WAI List (E-mail)
Subject: Personalisation - your thoughts please

Dear All,
What do people think about an idea of a website offering the ability to
personalise the site dependent upon a person's disability. This would be an
option rather than a rule and could enable a blind person to have content
delivered to them that is displayed to suit their requirements (be that for
their disability or the assistive technology they use). If pesonalisation
was not required then content would be delivered as if it were an accessible
Web page.

I hope that no one is offended by the proposition I have made, this is not
my intention.

I would be very interested in people's thoughts and criticisms of this
approach. I would also be pleased if people could justify the reasoning
behind their comments.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

--------
Simon White
Accessibility Consultant
James Kelsey Design (JKD)
Westminster Business Square
1-45 Durham Street
London
SE11 5JH
Tel:  020 7793 9399
Fax: 020 7793 9299
Web: www.jkd.co.uk
--------

James Kelsey Design Ltd (JKD) or The Incepta Group plc and its subsidiary
companies may not be held responsible for the content of this email as it
may reflect the personal view of the sender and not that of the company. JKD
run anti virus software on all servers and all workstations, they can not be
held responsible for any infected files that you may receive. JKD advises
all recipients to virus scan any file attachments.

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.