From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Scarlett Julian (ED)
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 7:52 AM
To: 'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'
Subject: long tables

Hi all

I have a very big table to put up on a web page and I *know* that it's going
to cause someone somewhere severe problems. The table is 13 cols x 194 rows
and cannot really be split up into smaller logical tables which would be the
easiest solution. Does anyone out there have any ideas on mark-up to make
this table easier to follow for screen readers? Sorry if this sounds like a
simple problem but it's one that I've only just come across and would dearly
like some pointers.

tia
Julian

Julian Scarlett
Web Design & Document Management System Officer
PPU
Education Directorate
Sheffield City Council
0114 2735721
mob 07904914976
julian.scarlett@sheffield.gov.uk

The information in this email is confidential. The contents may not be
disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the
addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in your email software
as soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot accept any responsibility
for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted
over a public network.  If you suspect that the message may have been
intercepted or amended please tell us as soon as possible.