Re: Accesibility of PDF files & editing them

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 13:36:58 -0800
To: "Jason Megginson" <jason@bartsite.com>
cc: "Steven McCaffrey" <smccaffr@mail.nysed.gov>, Viral.Patel@exim.gov, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?hexID=88de
>
> This link will explain the plug-in for Microsoft Office tools.  I must say
> that 'fairly complex' tables and alternative text to images can be tagged
> and converted very well when using Word.

Jason,

  This link describes the MakeAccessible plug-in, which can be used to analyze an existing PDF file and attempt to infer its tagging. Its effectiveness varies, depending on the complexity of the file.
  Microsoft Office users can generated Tagged PDF directly. See

  http://access/aobe/com/booklet.html

for information on how to create accessible PDF files from Microsoft Office 2000 using Acrobat 5.

	Loretta