Re: Accesibility of PDF files & editing them

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 12:32:32 -0800
To: "Steven McCaffrey" <smccaffr@mail.nysed.gov>
cc: Viral.Patel@exim.gov, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

By the time the information is in PDF, it is extremely hard to reconstruct the
corresponding latex. However, I have heard latex or MathML suggested as the
appropriate Alt description for an equation in a PDF file. I'm not aware of
any assistive technology that would do anything but treat it as text, however.

	Loretta