Re: Accesibility of PDF files & editing them

From: Steven McCaffrey <smccaffr@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 15:06:22 -0500
To: <lguarino@adobe.com>, <Viral.Patel@exim.gov>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi Loretta and all:

     I have a slightly off topic (specific topic of alt text/forms in PDF) but it may be related.  I was interested lately in reading PDF's that contain equations.  One example is
Richard Feynman's nobel lecture
The Adobe translation tools and accessibility  plugin work well on the text portion, but the equations, as one might guess, get a bit garbled.
I was wondering if there might be a PDF to latex converter perhaps?
Might there be other suggestions?

Steve McCaffrey
Senior Programmer/Analyst

>>> Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@adobe.com> 04/02/02 12:23PM >>>
Have you looked at the document at

It describes a number of techniques for repairing accessibility problems in
PDF files.

Loretta Guarino Reid