RE: Accesibility of PDF files & editing them

From: Jason Megginson <jason@bartsite.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:59:05 -0500
To: <Viral.Patel@exim.gov>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Within the structure tree, you can right click (if you are using a mouse
:-)) and go to element properties.  There you can set alternate or actual
text for images.  It is also helpful to title the images to organize the
structure tree better.

This is very helpful not only for images, but if any text does not 'map to
unicode'.  Here you can set alternate and actual text so that screen readers
can read the data correctly.  Hope this helps.

good luck.