Re: CSS [Re: Minimal Browser Capabilities]

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 06:53:06PM +0000, Vadim Plessky wrote:

> |     I must ask - how would you like a browser to center content vertically
> |     on a continuous media type ?
>
> I apologize in advance that I do not make this example accessible to blind
> people - to my best knowledge, problem is really specific to Visual media.

  You are quite right there, and - might I add - it is also only specific
  to visual, continuous, media types in which you use CSS to create fixed
  sized blocks. However, can you explain why - since you have a fixed
  box and thereby is in the 'know' of it's size - you cannot 'center' it
  by inserting a

    margin-top: 210px ;

  in the rule-set for #b ? Whilst your problem is clear, there are
  several viable solutions.

  Do you know whether CSS 3 has including any 'easier' means of
  centering block elements ?

> BTW: I forgot to ask. What version of Linux you are running?

  Redhat 7.1, standard Mozilla 0.9.7 rpm from mozilla.org

> /dev/hda:
>  Timing buffer-cache reads:   128 MB in  0.99 seconds =129.29 MB/sec
>  Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  8.44 seconds =  7.58 MB/sec

/dev/hda:
 Timing buffer-cache reads:   128 MB in  1.03 seconds =124.27 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  6.57 seconds =  9.74 MB/sec

--
 - Tina Holmboe