Re: Minimal Browser Capabilities

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 10:09:40 -0800
To: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@home.com>, "Access Systems" <accessys@smart.net>
Cc: "Vadim Plessky" <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>, <sethmr@bellatlantic.net>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 10:19 AM -0500 12/26/01, David Poehlman wrote:
>unfortunately or fortunately, there are many reasons why lynx is pivotal
>and we are lucky if it is the one chosen as minimal.

No, we're not lucky, because it doesn't provide minimal web functionality
nor adherence to the standards, and it can give entirely the wrong idea
about what "web accessibility" means.  For example, an over-emphasis on
Lynx has contributed to the notion that web accessibility is about
removing graphics, either from the source or from the display, and has
led to people thinking of accessibility as meaning "only blind users."

Lynx furthermore does not support UAAG.

--Kynn