Re: Multiple versions of a web page

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 21:12:03 -0800
To: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@home.com>, "Scott Luebking" <phoenixl@sonic.net>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 11:31 AM -0500 12/23/01, David Poehlman wrote:
>It boins down to a simple fact.  We have validators because they help us
>all play on the same play ground.  If you don't want to play on that
>play ground than don't do html.   know that this does not cover it all
>but there is no question in most of our minds as to which serves which
>and that is why the validators exist.

I don't see why validity demands a single HTML version be delivered.
Multiple versions of a page are good because they allow for usability
to be delivered, not just accessibility -- and even the accessibility
of many pages is in question because HTML is limited both in theory
and in application.

--Kynn