RE: large, but simple tables

Jan,

The current versions of HPR (3.02) and JFW (4.0) will read the headers as
you have said you coded them. I don't know about earlier versions.
Window-Eyes won't.

But, you must have things set up correctly and use the right commands to get
around. For HPR, specify you want headings read in Miscellaneous settings
(not the default), and use table reading mode, ALT+T and arrow keys to move
around the table. For JFW use ALT+CTRL+Arrows to move around tables and hear
headings.

Note, you only hear when headings change. So, for example, moving down the
table you will hear the row headings.

Although it is heresy, the simplest and most usable solution is to take all
the top material OUT of the table, so the actual headings, "Bezeichnung
Portion KH BE" are in the first row.

Now HPR and JFW will read the headings. Window-Eyes will too when it is set
up correctly: Use CTRL+SHIFT+H to cycle through headings announcements and
choose "Column and Row." Then Turn on table mode with CTRL+PLUS. When in
table mode, use INS+Arrow to move around the table.

Jim
jim@jimthatcher.com
Accessibility Consulting
http://jimthatcher.com