Re: Acrobat PDF & Accessibility

From: Carol Foster <c.foster@umassp.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:20:39 -0500
To: Joel Ward <ward_joel@bah.com>
CC: WAI List <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Thanks, Joel.  The reason I'm asking is not for my own access but because I want
to link to the document from an accessible page that I'm creating.  I've used
the converter before, and it is not ideal (but not bad in a pinch for pdf's
without images) -- I don't think it meets the WAI priority 1 or Section 508
standards, does it?

Carol

Joel Ward wrote:

> Hi Carol,
>
> Did you try using the PDF to text converter?
>     http://access.adobe.com/simple_form.html
>
> At first glance, it looks like an okay conversion job.
>
> Joel

Carol Foster, Web Developer
University of Massachusetts, President's Office
http://www.umass-its.net/ipg