Re: Acrobat PDF & Accessibility

From: Access Systems <accessys@smart.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:45:46 -0500 (EST)
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, David Woolley wrote:

> > I know some firewalls at high security instalations that block
> > "applications" of all types so even if it could be read it couldn't get
> > through
>
> Application doesn't mean executable.  Moreover, most commercial HTML contains
> executable components, which is what the firewalls are really trying to
> block, even though they are labelled as text.  (A firewall might take the
> view that Microsoft and Netscape are capbable of implementing the Javascript
> security model so well that the executable can do no harm, but probably let

hah!  our firewall by default BLOCKS ALL msword documents as nonsecure

Bob

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
THIS message and any attachements are CONFIDENTIAL and may be
privledged.  They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks