Subject Matter Expert
Accessibility Center of Excellence
(800)547-5602 or Fax (800)228-8204

ACE Offices are located at San Jose, CA, Sacramento, CA and Raleigh, NC USA

San Jose Office:
PO BOX 5456
San Jose, California USA 95150-5456
http://www.icdri.org/cynthia_waddell.htm

- -----Original Message-----
From: Denise Wood
To: Cynthia.Waddell@PSINetCS.com
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Sent: 12/17/01 12:34 AM
Subject: RE: Disability statistics

>Lucas liberally "borrowed" my words from
that paper as it was and continues to be a helpful legal and public
policy
paper.

Indeed he did Cynthia. There were numerous quotes in that paper
attributed to
Lucas in his statement before the hearing. It is good to have your
clarification of the original source from which Lucas "borrowed" those
statements. I will certainly take time to review the original paper and
would
urge others with an interest in this area to do the same.

The excerpts from your paper attributed to Lucas are most certainly
helpful
legal and policy statements to which I often refer. Better still, I can
now
refer to the complete document and quotes from the original author :-)

Denise

Dr Denise L Wood
Lecturer: Professional Development (online teaching and learning)
University of South Australia
CE Campus, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
Ph:    (61 8) 8302 2172 / (61 8) 8302 4472 (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
Fax:  (61 8) 8302 2363 / (61 8) 8302 4390
Mob: (0413 648 260)

Email:	Denise.Wood@unisa.edu.au
WWW:
http://www.unisanet.unisa.edu.au/staff/homepage.asp?Name=Denise.Wood