The Commercialization of Web Accessibility

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@contenu.nu>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 08:53:07 -0500
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@W3.org>
>* Books are in production on web accessibility,

I know of only one. What are the others?

>  including books written by members of the W3C's working group.

Oh, really?

>Joe Clark is the most obvious example; his blog has mentioned great
>advances in figuring out how to make web sites accessible. But you
>won't read about them in WCAG 2.0 -- you'll need to buy Joe's book.

In fairness, there is a small chance that the full text of the book
will be posted online. It's actually quite commonly done and actively
helps sales. But I don't know what I think about it, really.

On the plus side, though, the full text of the book is *definitely*
going to be provided on the book's CD-ROM, so nobody has to wait for
an audiotape version if they don't mind listening to my crap via a
screen reader.
--
         Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
         Author, _Building Accessible Websites_