Re: Disability statistics

Denise wrote:

> Yes of course Charles. You are absolutely correct. The legal implications for
> private companies (and education providers) failing to provide accessible Web

Private companies and education providers are rather different cases, except
to the extent that the latter is acting in its former role.

Although advertising can be informative, almost all modern advertising is
about influencing emotions and is rare to find significant useful content.
Commercial web sites tend to lean very heavily to being advertising vehicles.

On the other hand, educational web sites (and government ones) are generally
about conveying information (although public web sites for educational
businesses may fall into the advertising category).  I think the main bars
to accessibility on educational and government sites is the designers
ego, and their desire to got to more lucrative jobs doing commercial
web sites.  A secondary factor is the large amount of material educating
people on how to create advertising sites, compared with the limited
material on conveying real information.