Re: Web page titles

I believe it is a very helpful practice to be as descriptive as possible in page titles.  Most screen readers and talking web browsers allow the user to determine the application/page title with a single key press that doesn't involve moving keyboard focus.  Having the title indicate location can help for example when trying to ensure that you have navigated to a new page and are sorting through a standard set of navigation links repeated across a site.

Kelly
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jo Donkin
  To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
  Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 6:41 AM
  Subject: Web page titles

  Hi

  Can someone tell me, if I have a number of pages on my site and I name them all for example

  Company - Section1 - Page Name 1
  Company - Section1 - Page Name 2
  Company - Section2 - Page Name 3

  etc

  Is that really annoying for those with speech browsers as it says everything all the time, or is it quite useful as it tells you exactly where you are?

  Any ideas?

  Thanks

  Jo Donkin

  Joanna Donkin