Re: Disability statistics

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:02:40 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
>        Furthermore, nobody teaches accessible web design. No college student
> I know taking IT-related major with a web concentration has to learn
> accessible web design. And after college...why would the developers want to

I strongly suspect that a lot of places don't even teach valid HTML, or
any of the original philosophy behind HTML.  I don't know about specific
paid courses, but I was thumbing through a self teaching book on the
European Computer Driving Licence, and the HTML example they had was badly
(structurally broken) - I seem to remember that that one had the mistake
that HEAD is a visible heading, not meta data, that is somewhat prevalent.