Re: how can faculty be advised on this project?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 19:23:07 -0500 (EST)
To: David Poehlman <poehlman1@home.com>
cc: "* EASI: Equal Access to Software & Information" <EASI@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU>, wai-ig list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
My first question is whether they want to make the site accessible, or the
tool that the site describes accessible?

If it is the site itself, then I think it has fairly common features and
wherever one normally begins is probably a good start.

If it is the application, then I would suggest:
1) Contact the Authoring Tool Accessibilty Guidelines working group as the
group in W3C responsible for this area.
2) This is essentially a data-manipulation tool like a spreadsheet (from my
first glance) and thereare lots of ways of making the information available -
this tool is particularly good at doing it visually but presumably the
information itself is stored in a way that means it could be presented as
tables of data, or transformed into a basic narrative form, or ...

Yes, in the olden days there were many applications like this that worked in
text-based modes...

cheers

Charles