Re: how can faculty be advised on this project?

My first question is whether they want to make the site accessible, or the
tool that the site describes accessible?

If it is the site itself, then I think it has fairly common features and
wherever one normally begins is probably a good start.

If it is the application, then I would suggest:
1) Contact the Authoring Tool Accessibilty Guidelines working group as the
group in W3C responsible for this area.
2) This is essentially a data-manipulation tool like a spreadsheet (from my
first glance) and thereare lots of ways of making the information available -
this tool is particularly good at doing it visually but presumably the
information itself is stored in a way that means it could be presented as
tables of data, or transformed into a basic narrative form, or ...

Yes, in the olden days there were many applications like this that worked in
text-based modes...

cheers

Charles