From: "Carol Foster" <c.foster@umassp.edu>
To: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@home.com>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 11:31 AM
Subject: Re: FWD: CHI-WEB: Amazon's version for the Visually Impaired

My interpretation is also that it is OK to have alternative
presentations
when they are all "served from the same bucket" as mentioned, and that
this
is even a recommended thing.  There is a relevant current (WCAG 1.0)
Priority 3 checkpoint: 11.3 Provide information so that users may
receive
documents according to their  preferences (e.g., language, content type,
etc.).  The techniques for this point mention CSS2 techniques and
something
called "content negotiation" which is not entirely clear to me.

Carol