From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of David Poehlman
Sent: Tuesday, 11 December 2001 10:36 PM
To: geoff freed; SHARPE, Ian; WAI; w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org
Subject: Re: Poor DVD menu design

that was it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "geoff freed" <geoff_freed@wgbh.org>
To: "SHARPE, Ian" <Ian.SHARPE@cambridge.sema.slb.com>; "WAI"
<w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>; <w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org>; "David Poehlman"
<poehlman1@home.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 9:28 AM

You're probably thinking of "Abraham and Mary Lincoln:  A House
Divided", which is now available for purchase from PBS Online at

http://www.shop.pbs.org

It has captions, descriptions and audio navigation, too.  The press
release is at

http://ncam.wgbh.org/news/pr_08282001.html

Thanks.
Geoff/NCAM

On Tuesday, December 11, 2001, David Poehlman <poehlman1@home.com>
wrote:
>it's on my wish list.  I think this is one of the most exciting things
>that has happened in a long time.  You should be aware though that if
>someone is just browsing for dvds, they have to carefully read the fine
>print to know that it is audio described.  I'll be interested in seeing
>what it is like.  Also, wasn't there some other ddvd that was handed
out
>at conventions?

Hollywood