Re: Olympic Web Sites

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Michael R. Burks wrote:

> All,
> if you take a look now at
>
> http://www.nbcolympics.com/x/f/frame.htm?u=/news/nbcomain_front.asp
>
> and http://www.saltlake2002.com/x/f/frame.htm?u=/news/slocmain_front.asp

I can't View either at all in any way.
as soon as I go to the site I get the warning that

"Javascript must be enabled to visit this site"

LYNX and Javascript don't seem to get along too well or is it just me not
using it right????

Bob
still shouldn't have to enable something like Javascript to view a site

> you will see a great similarity.  The presentation appears to be the same,
> but he content is not identical.
>
> There is some improvement.  They have added alt tags.  However there are
> still many that are missing. 37 on the home page to be exact.
>
> However now dropdown menus are being used with JavaScript and I do not see
> equivalent links provided.  These links are not provided on either the
> originating page, nor on the destination page.  So if you cannot read the
> drop down links, you will not be able to use the site effectively.  And yes,
> it appears it is going to be used for the Para Olympics.  But I cannot
> confirm that.
>

> There is also a great deal of scripting being done, so it has to be analyzed
> by hand.  None of the automated tools I used gave me a very good analysis.
> As nearly as I can tell the frames do not have title tags and there are a
> number of other serious errors. I managed to make a static page, and got
> between 60 and 70 Section 508 errors.  A lot of these are what appear to be
> spacer images without alt tags, but there are some others.  TI did not see
> title tags on the Frames.
>
> However, there is improvement, that is something.
>
> It should be noted, that is reported that the Olympic has cost 2 billion
> American Dollars in Salt Lake City.  Between 300 and 400 million of that is
> coming from the American Taxpayer.  I think the Salt Lake folks can do a lot
> better.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mike Burks

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
THIS message and any attachements are CONFIDENTIAL and may be
privledged.  They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks