Re: Fw: [webwatch] Fw: [htmldesigners] What's the difference visually?...

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 14:22:29 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: cturne@essex.ac.uk
> > kind of comboboxes which only activate when you press some button
> after
> > them, as opposed to the ones which activate as soon as you press
> cursor
> > down.  I mean what would a mouse-user do with these different kinds of

This sounds like a case of Document Object Model (popularly called
JavaScript) onchange events being used.  The change wouldn't be
recognized until the mouse button was released.  It's not an HTML
problem, but a designer problem (designing only for clicking with a
mouse).

Plain HTML will not do this.