[w3c-wai-ig] <none>

From: Jim Thatcher <thatch@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 11:14:55 -0600
To: owner-basr-l@trace.wisc.edu
Cc: "W3c-Wai-Ig@W3. Org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I believe that it was considered a bug that HPR spoke text with the style
display:none (I agree with that assessment) and I think it will no longer be
true with the 3.02 upgrade that should be available soon. I think JFW does
not speak display:none text either.

Both www.firstgov.gov and www.assistivetech.net use hidden text for skip
navigation links, with text and background color the same. Also www.ibm.com
gets hidden text by attaching it as alt-text for a small (invisible) gif.

The only way I know to get pauses is to add periods. I have seen these with
an unusual style, like white on white!

(I'm not a subscriber to this list!)

Accessibility Consulting