Re: Headers for tables used for layout

From: William R Williams/R5/USDAFS <wrwilliams@fs.fed.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:50:47 -0800
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

It seems to me the recommended technique is to include the summary
attribute for the table tag, as demonstrated on the opening page of the W3C

summary="Layout table: The first cell contains a navigation bar of W3C
technologies, the second contains news, and the third another navigation
bar of W3C pages.">

                    m.gov                  To:     w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
                    Sent by:               cc:
                    w3c-wai-ig-requ        Subject:     Headers for tables used for layout
                    11/19/01 07:17

Hi Everybody

I use InFocus 4.1 for checking pages for accessibility, it shows violation
for a table, but I have used the table only for layout, so I don't want to
specify headers for it.
Is there any way, I can put additional tags in the <table so that screen
reader considers it has a layout table, not data table?

Viral Patel