Re: Linearize This

From: William R Williams/R5/USDAFS <wrwilliams@fs.fed.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:50:51 -0800
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hello,

First time posting; however, I am a long-standing advocate of the WAI...

The original question had to do with a program that linearizes table
content, and perhaps you know this already, but such a program is online
at:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/References/Tablin/form

I believe the W3C is very clear in recommending that structural mark-up
elements be used correctly to enable proper reading of content in a layout
table. A big part of your problem, it seems to me, could be related to all
the conversions involved in the process; i.e., from .nsf to .rtf and
finally Word export to HTML. Domino and Word are notorious for using
proprietary, flawed, or misleading mark-up.

Instead, I would probably dump the original, or .rtf, file into DreamWeaver
during development, which should do a nice clean-up of the structural
problems.

Please keep up the good work.

Bill Williams
Communication Technician