Re: JAWS doesn't seem to hear Table annotations?

From: Patrick Burke <burke@ucla.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 10:42:32 -0800
To: "Gatewood, Joy" <jogat@opic.gov>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi Joy,

Jaws won't read the table as described automatically, but the header & cell
information can be obtained with the CONTROL+ALT+Numericpad5 keystroke.
(Control+Alt+arrow keys may also speak the cell information, but I'm a bit
hazy on which applications these are supposed to work in.)

>http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#identifying-table-rows-columns

is the definitive table reference.

Be glad you don't have to code for Jaws perfection, though. In general, as
a designer it's best to code to the standard & let the various screen
readers do the rest. If Jaws or another program doesn't implement
correctly, it's their problem.

Patrick