Policy on Web accessibility

From: Craig Hadley <craig@4thandgoal.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:00:58 -0600
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hello All,

I am pitching for some new business this week. The project is a web site
re-design for a firm that falls under U.S. 508 as a contractor. The problem
is that the managers of the firm gave me several examples of what they liked
including their favorite site discovery.com.

So I took a look at discovery.com. And (please correct me if I am wrong) but
discovery.com doesn't even seem to try in regards to accessibility

So what do I say when I go back to pitch meeting and the prospective client
says "If an international media conglomerate like Discovery does their web
site that way, why can't we?".

Thanks for starting to publish documents like "Sample Implementation Plans
for Web Accessibility " http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/bcase/ip . Those
types of resources make explaining the discussion possibilities to non-tech
savvy managers much easier.

Regards,
Craig Hadley
Madison, WI