Re: UK Disability Rights Commission

From: <Demonpenta2@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 21:22:08 EST
To: j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
In a message dated 11/1/01 2:21:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com writes:

> Not sure if there is any interest in following this up, however I don't
> believe I've seen it mentioned here yet.
>
> http://www.drc-gb.org/drc/Campaigns/Page415a.asp#Internet

       Read over the whole thing...Very good suggestions, IMHO. However, I so
strongly doubt any of them will actually be listened to (Okay, I am a bit
cynical), that I'm not going to hold my breath. The internet suggestions
seemed rather obvious. However, I was incredibly amused by the suggestions
for MPs, MSPs, etc. Good suggestions, but why the necessity of a reporter in
tow? Makes the whole effort seem incredibly insincere on the part of the
relevant legislator: "Hey, look! I'm letting a disabled person shadow me!
*shove aside said person, grab camera* VOTE FOR ME!" Bit of an exaggeration,
but it did hit my mind immediately.

       John