Re: Style Sheets and Level 2 Conformance

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 03:01:12PM -0500, james.homme@highmark.com wrote:

> Does anyone know of some sample site or sites where no tables are used to
> lay out the pages so that it or they are in conformance with W3C Level AA
> that works in the major browsers?

  Our - ie. Greytower's - website was designed and implemented without
  any tabular layout, and conforms with XHTML 1.1 and CSS 2. It does not
  at this time comply with WCAG 'AA' though a re-implementation is
  under way.

  The site has been tested with a suite of browsers composed of:

   - Mozilla 0.9.4 and 0.9.5 for Linux.
   - Netscape 6.1 for Windows
   - IE 4.0, 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0 for Windows
   - IE 5 for Mac
   - Opera 5.0 for Linux
   - Opera 5.12 for Windows
   - Netscape 4.76 for Linux
   - Netscape 4.* for Windows
   - Lynx for Linux
   - links for Linux

  Tests using the Emacs w3 client and Emacspeak is underway.

  Feel free to study the site to your heart's content, and - if you feel
  the need - comment/critique/rip apart in private or in public.

  And if someone wonders: the site uses XHTML 1.1 and CSS 2 in combination
  with both 'old fashioned' Javascript and 'new fangled' ECMAscript and
  DOM 2. Hopefully it is still implemented in such a way that any
  interested party can access and utilize the site in a useful fashion.

   [+46] 0708 557 905