Re: How to Complain to a Webmaster

At 11:24 AM 10/31/2001 , Jim Ley wrote:
> > Also, you typically send it in postal mail, not email!
>What?  Amoungst so much of the business world that I see, email is used,
>postal mail positively discouraged by a lot of the policy makers I see
>because it is so much less convenient, if you spend your life travelling
>between your US, EMEA and Asian headquarters, mail is a real
>inconvenience.  Why do you feel post is the appropriate format?

Email from unsolicited sources is sooooo easily ignored.  Paper
letters work better.  Feel free to argue and disagree with this
as well; I won't say anything more on the topic other than to
say this is truth.  You'll say it's not, and that's the end of
that.

> > These and other tips may be coming soon if I have enough time to
> > write "how to complain to site operators."  You may feel free to
> > take the initiative to write up your own version, because if it's
> > good enough, that will save me plenty of time and energy.
>I don't have the experience or ability, that doesn't disqualify from
>pointing out flaws or making suggestions in those that are done, in any
>case I don't believe you should have two disjoint complaints, a single
>strategy is IMO much better.

We differ on strategy, so there you go.  I'm not likely to change
my strategy especially on the word of someone lacking experience and
ability; likewise, I suspect you'll blow off what I wrote since it
doesn't fit with your brand of frontier justice.

That's okay.  I know most of the people reading what I write don't
like hearing what I have to say. :)  I can still sleep at night.

Let's agree to disagree.  I'm right, you're wrong, except you have
it backwards, and there we go!  Good afternoon.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison