How not to get a good reaction from a webmaster

I received the following from Debi, and I think it provides _very_
important context, and also illustrates exactly what you _should not
do_ if you want to be part of the solution and not just complain about
the problem.

In my opinion -- as long as we are using this list to be judgmental --
I'm amazed that Debi received as civil of a reply as she did.  In
context, I see the following message as being _very_ off-turning
and his reply suddenly seems a model of tact and understanding.

He responded well to my approach of treating him like a decent and
well-meaning human being who could be enlisted as an ally -- and he
spouted off doubletalk (and likely wrote off completely) someone who
considered him the enemy.

Which tactic do I think will get us further?  Well, you be the judge.
I continue to be very much against a divisive policy of simply
blasting people with inaccessible sites.  And I believe it was very
poor form for Debi to send a letter like this, and then post his
reply without the vitally important context of _what_ exactly he
was replying to.

--Kynn Bartlett

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>