Re: ASCII Ribbon Campaign

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:56:06 -0800
To: Phillip Pi <philpi@apu.edu>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 10:34 AM 10/30/2001 , Phillip Pi wrote:
>DOH! I guess my ASCII art is considered an accessibility barrier too.
>[runs away] Actually, what happens if a screen reader or any other device
>attempts to read my signature?

I used to have an ASCII art graphic, of the (old) Idyll Mountain
Internet "trees" logo.  I retired that when someone pointed out
that it sounded like SLASH SLASH SLASH line noise.

>I wished there was an emulator to try it out :).

You can download trial versions of screenreaders -- for example from
Henter Joyce (JAWS for Windows) which is www.hj.com unless they've
moved around as a part of corporate reorganization.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison