Re: Accessibility of Salt Lake Olympic Site

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 21:26:38 +0100
To: "WAI IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
[Is there any chance that we just have plain text, or if that's not
possible, the HTML is authored to appropriate accessibility standards?]

"Michael R. Burks"
> RE: Accessibility of Salt Lake Olympic SiteMy thoughts on why it wont
work
> are because of the coding of the scripts....make sense to anyone?

The scripts are certainly not appropriately authored, there are numerous
situations and browsers when they would cuase errors, I wouldn't say it
was in any way authored to "best practice" in the industry, there's no
real reason why it's authored with the possibility of errors, it would be
a 10 minute job to change the scripts I've seen.

The currently commented out script on the front page is particularly bad,
but is currently commented out, so perhaps they know that.  :-)

Jim.