Re: on the adobe issue

> the release and pursuance of SVG as a format forma for embedded imagery,

Very little of the discussion on SVG has been about simple imagery, most
of it has been as an alternative for Flash animations.

> tough a long way from being widespread
> does lead to some hope in the development of truly accessible resources..

Why?  SVG has more power than Acrobat, so, with similar authoring
tools is capable of producing even more inaccessible material.  It is
also potentially less open than Acrobat, in as much as I believe that
several companies claim that patent royalties are required to implement
SVG, whereas, as far as I know, it is possible to implement Acrobat
royalty free, at least if you implement it properly according to the
specification.

Currently there are lots of incomplete implementations of SVG, which
will cause its own problems in terms of non-portable pages.  The
IPR constraints may result in partial implementations as freeware,
with commercial implementation being more complete.

If you were comparing with Flash, I might agree.

> 1.This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above
> named only and may be confidential.  Any opinions expressed

Please note that the mailing list is available as public archives,
not just to the members of the mailing list.