From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Denise Wood
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2001 9:42 AM
To: 'mburks952@worldnet.att.net'; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: Section 508

Absolutely Mike

Asif, I too work at a state university - but in Australia. We are technically not covered by Section 508 which is of course a federal initiative of the US - an amendment of the Rehabilitation Act made by Congress in 1998.

However, we have parallel legislation to the ADA. The Australian legislation is known as the Disability Discrimination Act and this was passed by the Commonwealth government in 1992. As with the American legislation, the DDA states that it is illegal to

- --