Re: Slashdot adopts images as category generalisation.

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:04:05 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
What does "adopts images as category generalization" mean?  What happened
on shashdot that now seems successful to you?  What does WAI need to take
note of?

I see that slashdot uses images/icons for their list of topics
http://slashdot.org/topics.shtml - is that what you are talking about?  I'm
glad they have the text caption below the images, because with out them I
would have no idea what the icon represented.  It is also very "chatty" on
voice browsers & screen readers to have both the image have alt text [tool
tip] and the visible text below the image - you hear everything twice - bad
in my opinion.

Regards,
Phill

I don't visit http://www.slashdot.com often enough to know when this
happened, however it seems successful to me.

Anyone have a clue when this was adopted?
Will WAI take note?

btw I recently chose the MonaLisa to link to the Louvre.

tx

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com