Re: links to external conten t- maintaining navigation

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:29:53 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> I see this as a usability issue as opposed to a stickiness issue. We don't
> want to control the users' experience, just help facilitate it. How can we
> make the experience practical and useful for the user who uses our site as a
> launching base but will want to return several times during a session?

They can make it a bookmark (favourite), or even their home page.
They can also explicitly open the link in a new window (browsers could
help here, maybe by having a sticky launch in new window flag for a page,
either within a session, or persistently; they could also help by
having a history function to pop a whole site from the stack).