Re: Inclusion or accessibility

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

Universal Web Access

Bob

> Charles suggested Sean might like to ponder on how we raise the profile of
> inclusion.
> I'm after about 3 years at wai getting a feeling that accessibility doesn't
> describe what is needed and maybe inclusion does.
> Please take a look at the 2 sets of links from
> http://www.learningdifficulty.org.uk
> accessibility tends to be technology lead, whereas inclusion is person lead.
>
> I don't know that they should be separate and there certainly is plenty of
> crossover.
>
> Any ideas on this thread welcome
>
> jonathan chetwynd
> IT teacher (LDD)
> j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
> http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory
> on the web"

   /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign       accessBob                       .-.
   \ /   NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail   accessys@smartnospam.net        /v\
    X    NO MSWord docs in e-mail    Access Systems, engineers      // \\
   / \   NO attachments in e-mail    equal access is a civil right /( _ )\
THIS message and any attachements are CONFIDENTIAL and may be
privleged.  They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks