Dynamic pages was: SENIT The Ngfl website

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 13:40:43 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Subject: SENIT The Ngfl website

As a teacher with a website focused on external links, what irritates me
most about national educational websites is the way that key pages soon
vanish from their original location. I have to spend a lot of time I don't
have searching for the new location of the page, which may not exist any
more.

Another irritation is the current vogue for page creation "on the fly".
Here the page I want doesn't have a fixed location any more, just one
created for it by an often over-engineered search engine within the
website, so I can't make a proper link from my own website. Another
annoying feature of this method is that the back button brings a "page
expired" message. I'm sure that webmasters consider it progress and helpful
to give access to a document via a search engine, but it's a real pain for
those of us who want to link to a particular web page.

David Wilson
Harton School, South Shields